Extension Modules: Mesh Resampling
The extension module Mesh Resampling provides support to transform a triangle mesh to have a specified target mesh resolution. The resulting mesh has an uniform triangle resolution on the complete mesh surface.
Depending on the original resolution, the recalculation of the triangle mesh can lead to a reduction or increase in the number of triangles.
- Detection and preservation of geometric edges in the selected triangle mesh
- Change resolution only for selected triangles
- The desired target resolution can be controlled via parameters
- Geometric curvature edges remain largely or accurately preserved
- Optimization of the quality of the triangles with regard to their interior angle